Sunday, November 9, 2008

Project Pic365 - day45


18 years later.

Posted by ShoZu

Today, I celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. 18 years ago, I was a much slimmer, well... that's about it. I was 22 years old finishing my senior year at Texas Tech. Let's just say I didn't have all the answers and not a lot common sense. I had just accepted my first teaching job in south Texas with no family and no money. Needless to say, America and I started or little family, just the two of us in Corpus Christi; a long way from home, and it was perfect. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Having nothing and no one to help us out, really taught us a lot about life and we very quickly grew up. Looking back over the years, I can't help but pause and reflect on how blessed we have been. Gab is perfect in every way and continues to shine. America always told me... "With you traveling all the time, you are going to look back and wonder where all the years went... pretty soon she will be 18 and out of the house..."

Wow... that day has come. I do regret being gone all the time for work, as any parent would be, but I am so blessed that I have been able to spend more time with her these last couple of years. Lucky for me, I have four more tries to get it right. This day is for Gab and I am happy!

No comments: