Monday, December 15, 2008

Preferred Student Communication Tools

I've discovered this information first hand when I first turned on text messaging on my kid's cell phones. My son, a freshman in high school, managed to rack up 3,500 text messages in one month, and that's having been grounded from his phone for two weeks that month. My daughter is much better, she still calls us, old timers, but chooses to text her friends in college.
Only 12% of students currently check email on their mobile, but eROI predicts that number will increase quickly, especially given the recent explosion of smartphones on the market. In the meantime, though, it's text messaging that remains supreme with 37% selecting that as their preferred method of communication. Email is second at 26% followed by social networking IM (15%) , IM (11%), and social networking email (11%).

Read the full post at:
ReadWriteWeb
Gmail Preferred By Students, But Nothing Beats Texting
. Written by Sarah Perez

No comments: