Thursday, March 5, 2009

I chose you...

Today, I am taking a break from my regular techie, web 2.0, and general family posts. I typically share links, videos, and post that are pretty much about my blog, but of course this space is also about 'life, and then some, and it is my space to share my own thoughts and reflections.

So... This weekend I am headed on a retreat called ACTS. It's a men's retreat that focuses on adoration, community, theology and service. I've participated in this as a retreatant and as a team member. This weekend, I will spend in silence and adoration and prayer for the 40 men who will join us. I am blessed to serve in this capacity and quite honestly, could really use this time to gather my thoughts and be in His presense.

In this time of tough economic situations, job losses, mortgage defaults, and so much grief, I think we all look to hope, direction and in leadership, that only He can offer. I am very blessed to work in an environment that supports my beliefs and the notion of faith and family first.

About two years ago, I wrote this scripture passage down to share my thoughts as to what I felf my true purpose was and what He was calling me to be:

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one that this, than to lay down one’s life for his friend. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friend for all things that I heard from My Father, I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit; and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another. (John 15: 12-17)

Coincidentally, not really, this happens to be our theme for this retreat...
You did not choose me, but I chose you



My faith and family are a big part of who I am and I am grateful to all who share in it. I will be signing out to take some much needed time with Him. Until then, have a great weekend and one that is filled with many blessings.

No comments: